Frequently Asked Questions
Heart & Stroke VIP 50/50 Lottery
- WHAT IS THE HEART & STROKE VIP 50/50 LOTTERY?
The Heart & Stroke VIP 50/50 Lottery is an exciting way to WIN BIG! Order a VIP 50/50 Lottery ticket between April 22,
2019and June 28, 2019for your chance to win Cash. The Minimum Winners jackpot is $125,000. This is another great way to support the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- WHEN ARE THE HEART & STROKE VIP 50/50 LOTTERY TICKETS ON SALE?
Tickets are available from April 22,
2019to midnight, June 28, 2019.
- HOW MUCH ARE THE HEART & STROKE VIP 50/50 LOTTERY TICKETS?
Heart & Stroke VIP 50/50 Lottery tickets are $10 each, a 5-pack for $25 and a 15-pack for $50.
- WHAT IS THE TOTAL JACKPOT IN THE HEART & STROKE VIP 50/50 LOTTERY?
The Heart & Stroke VIP 50/50 Lottery minimum winners jackpot is $125,000.
- WHAT IS THE HEART & STROKE VIP 50/50 SPRING BONUS DEADLINE?
The Heart & Stroke VIP 50/50 Spring Bonus Deadline is a $10,000 cash prize.
The deadline to be entered into the Bonus Deadline draw is Midnight, June 3, 2019
- HOW DO I GET UPDATES ON THE CURRENT JACKPOT AMOUNT?
- HOW MANY HEART & STROKE VIP 50/50 LOTTERY TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE?
There are an unlimited amount of Heart & Stroke VIP 50/50 Lottery tickets available for purchase therefore the jackpot can keep growing and growing the more tickets that are sold. Don’t hesitate to tell your friends and family to play!
- WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF WINNING THE HEART & STROKE VIP 50/50 LOTTERY?
The odds of winning the Heart & Stroke VIP 50/50 Lottery are dependent on the number of 50/50 Draw tickets sold.
- WHAT IS THE FINAL DEADLINE FOR ORDERING HEART & STROKE VIP 50/50 LOTTERY TICKETS?
The final Heart & Stroke VIP 50/50 Lottery deadline to purchase your tickets is Midnight, June 28, 2019.
- WHAT IS THE HEART & STROKE VIP 50/50 LOTTERY LICENCE NUMBER?
Lottery Licence #10778
- CAN I ALSO PURCHASE CLASSIC OR CASH CALENDAR LOTTERY TICKETS NOW?
Only VIP 50/50 Lottery tickets are available between April 22,
2019and Midnight, June 28, 2019.
- DOES THIS LOTTERY REPLACE THE WINTER HEART&STROKE 50/50 DRAW?
The VIP 50/50 Lottery does not replace our popular Winter Heart&Stroke 50/50 Draw.
- HOW DO I ORDER A HEART & STROKE VIP 50/50 LOTTERY TICKET?
There are 3 easy ways to order your lottery ticket(s).
- Online – Request your Heart & Stroke VIP 50/50 Lottery ticket(s) online through our SECURE online site at www.vip5050.ca.
- Phone - Call 1-844-900-4111
- Mail – Print, complete and mail the order form available at www.VIP5050.ca to:
Heart & Stroke lottery
PO Box 3000 RPO Steeles West
Toronto, ON M3J 9Z9
Please note that Tickets ordered online are the most cost-efficient for the Foundation.
- WHAT IF I HAVE AN INQUIRY ABOUT MY TICKET OR A GENERAL INQUIRY?
For ticket related inquiries, please call 1-844-512-1044 or email email@example.com.
Hours of Operations Monday to Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM
For general information and all other inquires please call 1-844-900-4111.
Open 24 hours 7 days a week.
- HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO PURCHASE A TICKET?
Participants must be at least 18 years of age. Tickets cannot be ordered in the name of a minor.
- CAN SOMEONE PURCHASE A TICKET IF THEY LIVE OUTSIDE OF ONTARIO OR OVERSEAS?
You must be physically present in Ontario at the time of ordering Lottery Ticket(s). Ticket(s) must be mailed to an address within Ontario.
- ARE LOTTERY TICKETS TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
Lottery tickets are non-tax deductible in accordance with Canada Customs and Revenue Agency policies. However, you can make a donation in addition to your ticket(s) order and receive a tax receipt for the donation portion of your order, if your donation exceeds a minimum of $15.
- WHY DID MY ONLINE TICKET ORDER NOT GO THROUGH?
If you are in Ontario and unable to order online, or your order did not go through, please contact Customer Service at 1-844-512-1044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHAT ARE THE GUIDELINES FOR PURCHASING MULTI-PACKS?
When ordering multi packs, please note that all tickets will be mailed in one envelope and up to 3 names are be entered on each of the tickets.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF MY CHEQUE PAYMENT BECOMES NSF?
If for any reason a payment is not processed, the ticket(s) and their respective ticket number(s) will be deemed invalid if payment cannot be verified prior to the VIP 50/50 Draw date. Only tickets that have been paid for and/or have been verified as paid for are eligible to be entered in the VIP 50/50 Draw.
- I HAVE DELETED THE EMAIL WITH MY VIP 50/50 LOTTERY TICKET, AM I STILL ELIGIBLE FOR THE DRAWS?
Yes, participants do not need their electronic or physical ticket(s) in hand to be included in the VIP 50/50 Draw. For ticket related inquiries please contact Customer Service at 1-844-512-1044 or email email@example.com
- MY ELECTRONIC/PHYSICAL TICKET CONTAINS A SPELLING MISTAKE/ WRONG ADDRESS/ I HAVEN’T RECEIVED MY TICKETS. WHAT DO I DO?
If your tickets have been lost; or have not been received or you wish to make a name or address correction, please contact Customer Service at 1-844-512-1044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO PURCHASE A TICKET?
Employees and Board of Directors of the Heart and Stroke Foundation, partners and employees of Deloitte LLP and its affiliates, employees of licensed gaming suppliers for this Lottery, and all persons domiciled with any of these individuals, are not eligible to purchase or hold a Lottery ticket. Volunteers of the Heart and Stroke ARE eligible to purchase a lottery ticket.
- I DON’T HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS, HOW DO I GET A COPY OF MY TICKET?
If you require a paper copy to be mailed to you, please contact Customer Service at 1-844-512-1044 or email email@example.com.
If you have an email address, you will receive your electronic ticket via email. Only those without an email address can request a paper copy. We do not send an electronic and paper copy of your ticket(s).
- I’M NOT ABLE TO OPEN MY ELECTRONIC TICKETS. WHAT DO I DO?
If you are not able to open your email to retrieve your ticket number, please contact Customer Service at 1-844-512-1044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CAN I SHARE A COPY OF THE E-TICKET WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF THE GROUP?
A copy can be shared. The winner notification is only made to the purchaser.
- I PLACED MY ORDER ONLINE YESTERDAY. WHEN DO I RECEIVE MY ELECTRONIC TICKET?
Please allow 3 to 4 business days for receipt of an electronic ticket. If more than 5 business days have past and you have not received your electronic tickets, please check your spam inbox or contact Customer Service at 1-844-512-1044 or email email@example.com.
Draw and Winner Notification
- HOW IS THE HEART & STROKE VIP 50/50 LOTTERY DRAW CONDUCTED?
The draw controls are overseen by Deloitte LLP with the draw conducted at Bay Adelaide East, 8 Adelaide Street West, Suite 200, Toronto, ON M5H 0A9. The winning ticket will be drawn using Random Number Generator (RNG) software.
- WHEN AND WHERE DOES THE HEART & STROKE VIP 50/50 LOTTERY BONUS DRAW TAKE PLACE?
The Heart & Stroke VIP 50/50 Lottery Bonus draw will take place at approximately
10:00amon June 7, 2019at Bay Adelaide East, 8 Adelaide Street West, Suite 200, Toronto, ON M5H 0A9.
- HOW WILL I KNOW IF I HAVE WON A PRIZE? WHEN CAN I EXPECT MY PRIZE?
The Heart & Stroke VIP 50/50 Lottery winner will be notified by telephone after the draw date, July 11, 2019. The winner will also be posted on our website at www.VIP5050.ca and on our social media accounts by July 11, 2019. The Prize will be delivered within 4-6 weeks of the winner’s announcement date.
- HOW DO I CLAIM MY PRIZE?
The winner of the Heart & Stroke VIP 50/50 Lottery will be notified by mail, email, and/or telephone. The Prize notification letter will be addressed to the Purchaser.
The Foundation is only responsible for communicating with the Purchaser and is not responsible for any prize entitlement of any other individual(s).
- HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO CLAIM MY PRIZE?
The prize must be claimed no later than six months after the draw date. The unclaimed prize will be reported and a charitable allocation to the Foundation will be approved by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- DO I HAVE TO PAY TAX ON ANY WINNING?
No. All lottery prize are tax free.
- WHERE CAN I FIND THE WINNER?
The winner will be announced online at www.VIP5050.ca on July 11, 2019. The winner may also be announced on the Heart & Stroke Lottery’s social media profiles.
If you wish no further contact or have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy of your personal information, please contact the Foundation’s Chief Privacy Officer in the Ontario office at 1-888-HSF-INFO (473-4636) or through www.heartandstroke.ca/privacy
- DOES CANADA’S ANTI-SPAM LAW (“CASL”) APPLY TO REGISTERED CHARITIES?
As a registered charity, the Heart & Stroke Foundation is exempt from this law where the primary purpose of the commercial electronic message is to raise funds for the charity.
- HOW CAN I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM YOUR MAILING LIST?
You may unsubscribe at any time by calling Customer Service at 1-844-512-1044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHEN AND WHERE DOES THE HEART & STROKE VIP 50/50 LOTTERY FINAL DRAW TAKE PLACE?
The Heart & Stroke VIP 50/50 Lottery Bonus draw will take place at approximately
on July 11, 10:00am 2019at Bay Adelaide East, 8 Adelaide Street West, Suite 200, Toronto, ON M5H 0A9.
- WHERE DO THE FUNDS RAISED GO?
The net proceeds of our lottery sales support our mission and help fund life-saving research in preeminent teaching hospitals and universities across Ontario. Since its inception, the Lottery has raised over $247 million dollars which have helped fund the work of 450 research teams in hospitals, universities and research institutions in communities across Ontario.
For more information on the goals and mission of the Heart and Stroke Foundation, please visit www.heartandstroke.ca.
- WILL FUNDS FROM ONTARIO LOTTERIES STILL SUPPORT RESEARCH AND HEALTH EDUCATION IN ONTARIO?
Yes. We want to ensure that all our valued lottery supporters know that funds from all Heart and Stroke Foundation lotteries executed in Ontario will continue to be used to fund research and health promotion that benefits Ontario residents.