1) The Heart & Stroke Lottery does not require lottery winners to send in a payment to claim a prize or to provide personal information by letter, email or phone. Consumers receiving these types of requests should contact our customer service department at 1-844-512-1044.
2) Keep track of contests, draws and lotteries you enter.
3) Challenge a caller who says you've won a prize to tell you where and when you entered.
4) Remember: there are no prize fees or taxes in Canada.
5) Look for email communications from a domain registered to the organization (@heartandstroke.ca). Communications will not be sent from a general domain such as Yahoo, Gmail, etc.
6) Look for the organization’s letterhead on any communications received by mail.
7) Ensure the mailing address from any mail communications aligns with the mailing address listed on heartandstroke.ca.
8) Look for proper spelling/grammar in written communications.
To learn more about how to prevent Lottery prize scams and identity fraud please visit our Consumer Protection page